Since October 2003 it has been a legal requirement under the Land Registration Act 2002, that new leases with a tenure of 7 years and over, as well as existing leases sold or assigned with an unexpired term of 7 years or more, must have a new format of lease plan included within the lease. This is applicable to both Residential and Commercial property leases.
Some of the key features included in the new format Land Registry compliant lease plan include:
• A north point
• A Location Plan to the scale of 1:1250
• A floor plan to the scale of either 1:100 or 1:200
• Identification of different floors
• Edging in red to indicate the demise
• Illustrating the extent of any communal areas
• Showing the property position in relation to neighbouring properties.
Our extensive experience in property surveying means we are able to provide our customers accurate floor plans that are acceptable to Land Registry with a turnaround time between 2-5 working days.
If you also require an EPC or Asbestos Survey we can offer you a special discounted package to encompass all 2 or 3 surveys.